Azure Acres Treatment Center has helped individuals struggling with stimulant addiction build a strong foundation for long-term recovery since 1957. Azure Acres provides high-quality alcohol and drug abuse treatment for adults near Santa Rosa, California.
Learn more about stimulant addiction treatment at Azure Acres Treatment Center in Santa Rosa, CA
Cocaine, methamphetamine (meth), and other amphetamines are all examples of various stimulants that individuals abuse and develop addictions to. Stimulant substances are known for their ability to enhance motivation, drastically increase energy levels, promote productivity, and heighten mental acuity. While there are some stimulants that are legal, such as the prescription amphetamines Adderall and Ritalin that are used to treat individuals with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), these drugs can still be abused by individuals who do not possess a medical need for them. The effects that these drugs elicit make them appealing to many, yet the prolonged abuse of stimulants can lead to detrimental consequences in an individual’s life.
At Azure Acres Treatment Center, we recognize how challenging it can be to overcome an addiction to any substance, including stimulants. In order to help individuals develop the skills needed to battle this addiction and resume healthy functioning, we have created specialized programming that is designed to help individuals take the first steps towards a life of sobriety.
Helping a loved one get treatment for stimulant addiction
If you have a family member or loved one who is struggling with an addiction to stimulants, you may be feeling extremely concerned about what his or her future holds if he or she continues on this destructive path. Your concern is understandable, and it is important that you act on that concern as opposed to ignoring the problem. The following are some ways that you can help your loved one during this difficult time:
- Come to understand the disease of addiction. It can be exceedingly frustrating, and even angering, to watch a loved one seemingly waste his or her life away by continuing to engage in the dangerous act of abusing stimulants. However, it is important to recognize that once an addiction has developed, individuals feel powerless to put an end to their behaviors. Learning about addiction can work towards alleviating some of your anger and, instead, encouraging a sense of empathy towards what your loved one is going through.
- Learn about stimulant substances, including the signs, symptoms, and effects of their use. Arming yourself with this knowledge can make future conversations with your loved one more productive.
- Devote some time to researching the various types of treatment that have proven effective in helping individuals overcome an addiction to stimulants. As is true for learning about stimulant use disorder itself, obtaining this knowledge can assist you in providing helpful information to your loved one.
- Sit down with your loved and express your concerns to him or her in a calm, nonjudgmental manner. Explain the various behaviors that you have noticed, and share with him or her the different things that you have learned regarding what can happen if stimulant abuse is allowed to persist. Understand that your loved one will likely not respond in a positive manner initially. It is common for individuals battling addictions to be defensive and deny addictive behaviors. It is important that you remain patient and refrain from arguing with your loved one. Continue to gently encourage the prospect of getting treatment, provide your loved one with the options for stimulant addiction treatment centers that you have discovered, and assure him or her that you are there to help whenever he or she is ready.
- Once your loved one has made the decision to enter a treatment center for stimulant abuse, do all that you can to make the transition one that is as easy and comfortable as possible. Assist your loved one with handling logistical issues, such as arranging for childcare or accompanying your loved one to any appointments that are scheduled so that he or she does not have anything standing between him or her and entering treatment.
- Be an active part of the therapeutic process. Attend family sessions when offered, call to check in with your loved one on a frequent basis, and inquire with your loved one’s treatment providers about ways that you can help him or her once treatment has ended.
- Remember that sobriety does not happen overnight. At times, it can be a very long and arduous process, rife with setbacks. Remain a constant source of encouragement and support, letting your loved one know that you are with him or her every step of the way.
Why consider treatment for stimulant addiction at Azure Acres Treatment Center in Santa Rosa, CA
When treatment is not received, a stimulant addiction can cause severe turmoil to arise in an individual’s life. As is true for most, if not all, addictions, when an individual is addicted to a stimulant substance, obtaining, consuming, and recovering from the use of that substance becomes his or her top priority. As a result, other things that were once important to him or her begin to fall to the wayside. Relationships often begin to deteriorate, leading to lost friendships, destroyed marriages, and familial discord. The nature of addiction itself can cause individuals to struggle in performing the way they once did in their occupational settings. If their productivity level begins to deteriorate or if they are frequently absent from work, they may face demotion or job loss, as well as the financial difficulties that would accompany those scenarios. Furthermore, ongoing stimulant abuse leaves individuals susceptible to experiencing any number of negative physical effects. Depending upon the particular type of stimulant that an individual is abusing, respiratory concerns, lung infections, cognitive impairment, malnutrition, and severe nasal problems can all potentially develop. While these negative effects can be far-reaching and long-lasting, they can, fortunately, be avoided. Receiving comprehensive care that is designed specifically to help individuals overcome their stimulant addiction can prevent these ramifications from becoming a reality.
Types of stimulant addiction treatment offered at Azure Acres Treatment Center in Santa Rosa, CA
One of the most highly respected addiction treatment and rehabilitation centers near Santa Rosa, California, Azure Acres is a pioneering provider of treatment for men and women who wish to defeat addictions to substances and the symptoms of co-occurring mental illnesses. For well over 60 years, this Sonoma County rehab center has been supplying the life-changing care that has helped transform the lives of more than 20,000 individuals who were once trapped in the insidious cycle of substance abuse. Based on the 12-Step philosophy and offering truly comprehensive and individualized care, Azure Acres is where addictions become a thing of the past.
In choosing this leading stimulant addiction rehab center as the place to embark on the journey towards a recovered and sober life, residents receive the attention, interventions, and support they need to reach their treatment goals. Caring and dedicated staff members are there for residents each step of the way and lend a helping hand or an ear to listen whenever residents need it. The following types of treatment are those featured at Azure Acres and can be included into a resident’s personalized treatment plan:
Detox services: Residents who are physically dependent on a substance may require detox services at the start of their care. When this is the case, we assist the men and women who come to Azure Acres by providing them with the treatment they need to make this process as comfortable as possible. If they are able to during detox, or once residents have finished detox services, they are welcome to participate in the rehab programming offered in our residential program.
Individual therapy: As a means of providing our residents with the attention they deserve, individual therapy sessions are incorporated into each resident’s personalized treatment plan. At least one time each week, residents can meet with their assigned case manager to discuss their goals for recovering from stimulant abuse, process their experiences in treatment, and work through any emotions that they are having. Additionally, residents are able to meet with case managers for individual support on a daily basis if they require it.
Family Program: At Azure Acres, we believe family involvement is crucial when a person is working towards recovering from stimulant use disorder, and we are proud to offer an invaluable family program. This treatment program is offered two consecutive Saturdays each month and features education opportunities that inform loved ones about stimulant addiction and chemical dependency, the recovery process, and recovering from codependency. Process groups are also available so that family members and friends can share their stories, process their feelings, and speak in a healthy but candid manner about their experiences with their loved ones.
Group therapy: Relapse prevention groups, psychoeducation groups, and 12-Step groups are among the types of group therapy opportunities offered at Azure Acres. We believe that residents are able to benefit from the support of others who have endured similar challenges with stimulant abuse, and we are pleased to provide forums in which they can offer and receive that support. Residents at Azure Acres participate in groups three times per day and learn about the following topics while in our care:
- Continuing care planning
Experiential therapy: In order to help residents heal their minds, bodies, and spirits, programming at Azure Acres includes weekly experiential therapy opportunities. These methods of care help our residents both express themselves and experience healing on a deeper level. The below listed experiential therapies can help residents break free from the vicious cycle of stimulant abuse:
- Expressive arts
- Role playing
When a man or woman chooses to heal from an addiction to stimulants at Azure Acres, he or she will receive an individualized treatment plan that details the specific interventions that will help him or her achieve his or her recovery goals. The above methods of care are part of the world-class programming available at our stimulant rehab center, and are those that can be part of each resident’s treatment experience.
Upon completion of our residential treatment, residents are welcome to participate in our partial hospitalization programming (PHP) and then step down to our intensive outpatient program. Furthermore, those who receive stimulant abuse treatment at our center are able to benefit from our Alumni Services, which provide ongoing support to those who are graduates of Azure Acres.
At Azure Acres Treatment Center, located near Santa Rosa, California, we are pleased to offer a full continuum of care so that men and women looking to recover from stimulant use disorder can achieve the sober lives they deserve to be living. If you or someone you care about would like to learn more about our services, feel free to give us a call. We can help you or your loved one leave a stimulant addiction in the past once and for all.