Azure Acres Treatment Center has helped individuals struggling with fentanyl addiction build a strong foundation for long-term recovery since 1957. Azure Acres provides high-quality alcohol and drug abuse treatment for adults near Santa Rosa, California.
Learn more about fentanyl addiction treatment at Azure Acres Treatment Center in Santa Rosa, CA
Fentanyl is a powerful opioid medication that is used to treat severe pain. Although this medication allows many people to manage the pain that can result from surgery, illness, and severe injuries, it has the potential to be extremely addictive just like its illicit opioid cousins heroin. With continued fentanyl use, it is possible for a person to become addicted to this substance and develop a fentanyl use disorder. In these situations, a person often requires professional help in order to overcome a dependence on this highly addictive substance.
At Azure Acres Treatment Center, located near Santa Rosa, California, we understand how difficult it can be to overcome fentanyl use disorder. Fortunately, we have more than 60 years of experience helping people overcome many different kinds of chemical dependency concerns. With our decades of experience, compassionate treatment team, and comprehensive care, it is possible to overcome the effects of fentanyl use disorder and restore your ability to live a fulfilling and sober life.
Helping a loved one get treatment for fentanyl addiction
There are a few experiences in life as painful as watching a loved one succumb to fentanyl use disorder. Regardless of how desperate your situation may feel, know that there is always hope for improvement. Below are some steps you can take to help your loved one begin his or her journey to recovery:
- Learn as much as you can about fentanyl use disorder. Although fentanyl is a relatively safe drug when used in accordance with physician recommendations, it is still an opioid drug and can cause immense harm if it is misused. Seek out information about fentanyl from books, reputable websites, and treatment professionals so that you will be able to understand better what your loved one is going through.
- Research treatment options and rehab centers for fentanyl abuse. There are many different substance abuse treatment centers, so it is important to do some research and find a few that may be a good fit for your loved one. Consider speaking with members of the clinical team at the rehabilitation centers you are researching so that you can get an idea of their treatment philosophy and methods of care. Once you have researched these treatment centers, make a list of a few that may be a good fit for your loved one.
- Keep an open line of communication with your loved one. Although fentanyl use disorder can place strain on entire families, it is important that you do your best to continue communicating with your loved one. In as open and nonjudgmental a manner as possible, share your concerns with him or her and take time to listen to his or her responses.
- When your loved one is ready to enter treatment for their fentanyl addiction, do what you can to help facilitate his or her transition into a rehab center. Help him or her with logistics such as arranging for transportation and setting up appointments with treatment center staff. Your loved one will also likely feel supported if you make yourself available to accompany him or her to those appointments. Additionally, during your loved one’s time in treatment, it is a good idea to remain an active source of support for him or her.
- Above all, remember to take care of yourself. Caring for a loved one with fentanyl use disorder can be an extremely stressful experience, so it is important to remember to take care of yourself by keeping up with healthy habits such as exercising regularly, getting enough sleep, and eating healthy. In addition, seek support from your friends and family. This struggle is not something you have to do alone, so enlist the help of those closest to you.
Why consider treatment for fentanyl addiction at Azure Acres Treatment Center in Santa Rosa, CA
Although fentanyl is relatively safe when used as prescribed, it is still a powerful opioid medication that can be just as harmful as illicit opioids when it is misused. Fentanyl abuse can impair a person’s ability to perform at work, possibly resulting in demotion or job loss as well as subsequent financial difficulties. Some of the activities used to obtain fentanyl, such as seeking prescriptions from multiple different physicians simultaneously, can also result in legal trouble. The abuse of the drug can cause intense strain in relationships, sometimes resulting in separation, estrangement, divorce, and loss of child custody. Finally, as with the abuse of almost any substance, fentanyl use disorder can result in organ damage, cognitive impairment, and even death from attempted suicide or overdose. Although these negative consequences of abuse can be severe and life-altering, with the help of a comprehensive treatment program, it is possible to avoid these negative consequences altogether.
Types of fentanyl addiction treatment offered at Azure Acres Treatment Center in Santa Rosa, CA
One of the most highly respected fentanyl addiction treatment centers near Santa Rosa, California, Azure Acres is a pioneering provider of treatment for men and women who wish to defeat addictions to substances and the symptoms of co-occurring mental illnesses. For well over 60 years, this Sonoma County rehab center has been supplying the life-changing care that has helped transform the lives of more than 20,000 individuals who were once trapped in the insidious cycle of substance abuse. Based on the 12-Step philosophy and offering truly comprehensive and individualized care, Azure Acres is where addictions stop and recovery starts.
In choosing this leading rehabilitation center as the place to embark on the journey towards a recovered and sober life from fentanyl abuse, residents receive the attention, interventions, and support they need to reach their treatment goals. Caring and dedicated staff members are there for residents each step of the way, and lend a helping hand or an ear to listen whenever residents need it. The following types of treatment are those featured at Azure Acres, and can be included into a resident’s personalized treatment plan:
Detox services: Residents who come to our addiction treatment center physically dependent on a substance, such as fentanyl, may require detox services at the start of their care. When this is the case, we assist the men and women who come to Azure Acres by providing them with the treatment they need to make this process as comfortable as possible. If they are able to during detox, or once residents have finished detox services, they are welcome to participate in the programming offered at our residential rehab center.
Individual therapy: As a means of providing our residents with the attention they deserve, individual therapy sessions are incorporated into each resident’s personalized treatment plan. At least one time each week, residents can meet with their assigned case manager to discuss their goals for recovering from an addiction to fentanyl, process their experiences in treatment, and work through any emotions that they are having. Additionally, residents are able to meet with case managers for individual support on a daily basis if they require it.
Family Program: At Azure Acres, we believe family involvement is crucial when a person is working towards recovering from fentanyl abuse, and we are proud to offer an invaluable family program. This program is offered 2 consecutive Saturdays each month and features education opportunities that inform loved ones about addiction and chemical dependency, the recovery process, and recovering from codependency. Process groups are also available so that family members and friends can share their stories, process their feelings, and speak in a healthy but candid manner about their experiences with their loved ones.
Group therapy: Relapse prevention groups, psychoeducation groups, and 12-Step groups are among the types of group therapy opportunities offered at Azure Acres Treatment Center. We believe that residents are able to benefit from the support of others who have endured similar challenges with regards to battling addictions to drugs such as fentanyl, and we are pleased to provide forums in which they can offer and receive that support. Residents at Azure Acres participate in groups three times per day and learn about the following topics while in our care:
- Continuing care planning
Experiential therapy: In order to help residents heal their minds, bodies, and spirits, programming at Azure Acres includes weekly experiential therapy opportunities. These methods of care help our residents both express themselves and experience healing on a deeper level. The below listed experiential therapies are those that we provide, and can help residents break free from the vicious cycle of fentanyl abuse:
- Role playing
- Expressive arts
*Massages offered for an additional fee.
When a man or woman chooses to heal at Azure Acres in Sonoma County, he or she will receive an individualized treatment plan that details the specific interventions that will help him or her achieve his or her recovery goals. The above methods of care are part of the world-class programming available at our treatment center, and are those that can be part of each resident’s treatment experience.
Upon completion of our residential treatment, residents are welcome to participate in our partial hospitalization programming (PHP), and then step down to our intensive outpatient program. Furthermore, those who receive fentanyl addiction treatment at our center are able to benefit from our Alumni Services, which provide ongoing support to those who are graduates of Azure Acres.
At Azure Acres Treatment Center, located near Santa Rosa, California, we are pleased to offer a full continuum of care so that men and women looking to recover from an addiction to fentanyl can achieve the sober lives they deserve to be living. If you or someone you care about would like to learn more about our services, feel free to give us a call. We can help you or your loved one leave an addiction to fentanyl in the past once and for all.