Azure Acres Treatment Center has helped individuals struggling with meth addiction build a strong foundation for long-term recovery since 1957. Azure Acres provides high-quality alcohol and drug abuse treatment for adults near Santa Rosa, California.
Learn more about meth addiction treatment at Azure Acres Treatment Center in Santa Rosa, CA
Meth, or methamphetamine, is a dangerous stimulant, which means that it causes increased activity in a user’s brain. When ingested, it produces powerful pleasurable feelings and a rush of energy and alertness. This pleasurable rush can cause those who abuse the drug to return to it again and again, potentially resulting in a methamphetamine use disorder. At that point, it can be all but impossible to recover without professional help.
Fortunately, at Azure Acres Treatment Center, we understand how difficult it can be to overcome methamphetamine use disorder. Fortunately, we have more than 60 years of experience helping people overcome many different kinds of substance use disorders. With our decades of experience, compassionate treatment team, and comprehensive care, it is possible to overcome the effects of meth addiction and restore your ability to live a full and fulfilling life.
Helping a loved one get treatment for meth addiction
Meth is a destructive and insidious drug, and watching a family member or loved one succumb to it can be a profoundly difficult experience. You may be tempted to believe the lie that there is nothing you can do to help your loved one, but it is important to remember it is just that: a lie. In reality, there are many things you can do to help your loved one achieve sobriety.
- Begin by learning everything you can about meth and how meth abuse is treated. By learning to recognize the signs and symptoms of meth use and learning about how meth affects those who abuse it, you can be more prepared to understand your loved one’s struggle and be better able to help him or her in case of an overdose. In addition, you can also benefit your loved one by building your knowledge about available treatments for meth abuse. Learn about the different rehabilitation options that exist for care and begin thinking about which ones may be best for your loved one.
- Naturally, your research will likely lead you into looking at various treatment and rehab centers. Consider each center’s philosophy of treatment and ask about what interventions they provide. By the end of your research, try to have a short list of a few centers that may be a good fit for your loved one.
- Perhaps the most difficult part of this process will be talking with your loved one about his or her meth use. Although these conversations are likely to be emotionally charged, it is important that you retain your calm demeanor and remain patient with your loved one. Keep in mind that he or she is in crisis, and understand that meth abuse can cause your loved one to act in ways that are not typical of who you know him or her to be. Stay patient, open, and nonjudgmental, and encourage your loved one to seek the help he or she needs.
- When your loved one decides to enter treatment for their meth addiction, take advantage of his or her momentum and help handle the logistics of transitioning into full-time care. For example, you might consider arranging appointments with treatment center staff and accompanying your loved one to those appointments. Anything you can do to help him or her with the transition can be immensely helpful.
- During this time, make sure to pay attention to yourself as well. You need to keep yourself mentally and physically healthy if you are going to be of help to your loved one, so take time to attend to your basic health needs: eat well, get enough sleep, and exercise regularly. In addition, be aware of your mental health. Take time for hobbies and leisure activities, lean on your friends and family for support, and consider joining a support group or seeing a therapist.
Why consider treatment for meth addiction at Azure Acres Treatment Center in Santa Rosa, CA
Meth is a dangerous drug that can be potentially fatal if its use is not addressed promptly and effectively. Given that it is nearly impossible for a meth user to hold down full-time employment, meth abuse is likely to lead to demotion, job loss, or long term unemployment and resulting financial strain. In addition, meth abuse is likely to cause tension in relationships, leaving a person who abuses meth isolated and without social support. Finally, meth affects one’s body, causing organ damage, dental problems (known as “meth mouth”), and placing a user at continual risk of a potentially fatal overdose. Fortunately, with proper treatment, it is possible to minimize or even completely avoid these negative consequences.
Types of meth addiction treatment offered at Azure Acres Treatment Center in Santa Rosa, CA
One of the most highly respected meth addiction treatment centers near Santa Rosa, California, Azure Acres is a pioneering provider of treatment for men and women who wish to defeat addictions to substances and the symptoms of co-occurring mental illnesses. For well over 60 years, this Sonoma County rehabilitation center has been supplying the life-changing care that has helped transform the lives of more than 20,000 individuals who were once trapped in the insidious cycle of substance abuse. Based on the 12-Step philosophy and offering truly comprehensive and individualized care, Azure Acres Treatment Center is where addictions become a thing of the past.
In choosing this leading meth abuse treatment center as the place to embark on the journey towards a recovered and sober life, residents receive the attention, interventions, and support they need to reach their treatment goals. Caring and dedicated staff members are there for residents each step of the way and lend a helping hand or an ear to listen whenever residents need it. The following types of treatment are those featured at Azure Acres and can be included into a resident’s personalized treatment plan:
Detox services: Residents who come to our rehab center physically dependent on a substance, such as meth, may require detox services at the start of their care. When this is the case, we assist the men and women who come to Azure Acres by providing them with the treatment they need to make this process as comfortable as possible. If they are able to during detox, or once residents have finished detox services, they are welcome to participate in the programming offered in our residential program.
Individual therapy: As a means of providing our residents with the attention they deserve, individual therapy sessions are incorporated into each resident’s personalized treatment plan. At least one time each week, residents can meet with their assigned case manager to discuss their goals for recovering from an addiction to meth, process their experiences in treatment, and work through any emotions that they are having. Additionally, residents are able to meet with case managers for individual support on a daily basis if they require it.
Family Program: At Azure Acres Treatment Center, we believe family involvement is crucial when a person is working towards recovering from meth, and we are proud to offer an invaluable family program. This program is offered 2 consecutive Saturdays each month and features education opportunities that inform loved ones about addiction and chemical dependency, the recovery process, and recovering from codependency. Process groups are also available so that family members and friends can share their stories, process their feelings, and speak in a healthy but candid manner about their experiences with their loved one.
Group therapy: Relapse prevention groups, psychoeducation groups, and 12-Step groups are among the types of group therapy opportunities offered at Azure Acres. We believe that residents are able to benefit from the support of others who have endured similar challenges with regards to battling addictions to drugs such as meth, and we are pleased to provide forums in which they can offer and receive that support. Residents at Azure Acres participate in groups three times per day and learn about the following topics while in our care:
- Continuing care planning
Experiential therapy: In order to help residents heal their minds, bodies, and spirits, programming at Azure Acres includes weekly experiential therapy opportunities. These methods of care help our residents both express themselves and experience healing on a deeper level. The experiential therapies we provide, listed below, can help residents break free from the vicious cycle of meth abuse:
- Role playing
- Expressive arts
When a man or woman chooses to heal at Azure Acres, he or she will receive an individualized meth addiction treatment and rehabilitation plan that details the specific interventions that will help him or her achieve his or her recovery goals. The above methods of care are part of the world-class programming available at our meth abuse rehab center, and are those that can be part of each resident’s treatment experience.
Upon completion of our residential treatment, residents are welcome to participate in our partial hospitalization programming (PHP) and then step down to our intensive outpatient program. Furthermore, those who receive treatment at our center are able to benefit from our Alumni Services, which provide ongoing support to those who are graduates of Azure Acres.
At Azure Acres Treatment Center, located near Santa Rosa, California, we are pleased to offer a full continuum of care so that men and women looking to recover from an addiction to meth can achieve the sober lives they deserve to be living. If you or someone you care about would like to learn more about our services, feel free to give us a call. We can help you or your loved one leave an addiction to meth in the past once and for all.