Azure Acres Treatment Center has helped individuals struggling with heroin addiction build a strong foundation for long-term recovery since 1957. Azure Acres provides high-quality alcohol and drug abuse treatment for adults near Santa Rosa, California.
Learn More About Heroin Addiction Treatment
Learn more about heroin addiction treatment at Azure Acres Treatment Center in Santa Rosa, CA
A member of the opioid family of drugs, heroin is a potent and addictive illicit substance. When ingested, it creates strong feelings of euphoria and pleasure. These feelings of pleasure can cause users to return to the drug again and again. With repeated use, it is likely that a person will become addicted to the drug and develop a heroin use disorder. Without the help of a specialized heroin treatment and rehabilitation center, it is often impossible for a person stop using heroin once he or she has become addicted.
At Azure Acres Treatment Center near Santa Rosa, CA, we understand how difficult it can be to overcome heroin use disorder. Fortunately, we have more than 60 years of experience helping people overcome many different kinds of substance use disorders. With our decades of experience, compassionate treatment team, and comprehensive care, it is possible to overcome the effects of heroin addiction and restore your ability to live a full and fulfilling life.
How to Help a Loved One
Helping a loved one get treatment for heroin addiction
Walking alongside a loved one as he or she struggles with heroin addiction can be a profoundly painful experience. You may feel as though you have exhausted all of your options, but in reality, nothing could be further from the truth. Below are some things you can do to help your loved one take the first few steps on his or her journey to sobriety:
- Learn all you can about heroin and about the effects it has on those who use it. Reading books, looking through reputable websites, and speaking with substance abuse treatment professionals can all help you learn about this drug. Pay attention especially the signs and symptoms of intoxication and overdose so that you can develop a safety plan with your loved one.
- Research different heroin addiction treatment options. Look into different rehab and drug treatment centers and ask questions about each center’s philosophy and approach to treatment. It can also be helpful to contact the admissions staff at centers you are interested in to learn more about their programs. Once you have done some research, make a short list of a few treatment centers that might be a good fit for your loved one.
- Be as supportive of your loved one as possible. One of the best ways to be supportive is to maintain open lines of communication with him or her. Although it may be difficult, try and approach your love one with an open and nonjudgmental mentality. Share your concerns with him or her, and listen to his or her responses. While these conversations likely be difficult, it is important that they do not turn into arguments.
- When your loved one is ready to enter treatment, share the list of heroin abuse treatment centers that you created with him or her. Discuss different options, and when your loved one chooses a treatment center, help him or her handle the logistics of transitioning into a treatment program. One way you can help is by setting up appointments with the treatment center staff and accompanying your loved one to those appointments.
- Remain patient with your loved one. Keep in mind that his or her journey to recovery may not occur at the same pace that you may wish for.
- Perhaps most importantly, make sure to take care of yourself. Make time for your own hobbies and other activities that rejuvenate you. Also, don’t forget to get enough sleep, eat well, and exercise regularly. Keep in mind that you do not have to struggle alone and that it can be beneficial to turn to your family and close friends for support.
Why Consider Treatment
Why consider treatment for heroin addiction at Azure Acres Treatment Center in Santa Rosa, CA
Heroin is an extremely dangerous drug, and if heroin use disorder is left untreated, it can have severe and disastrous effects on a person’s life. It is almost impossible to maintain good performance at one’s job while one is using heroin, so it is not uncommon for a heroin abuser to lose his or her job and suffer subsequent financial difficulties. As a person continues to use the drug, his or her relationships are also likely to suffer, possibly causing relational strain, separation, divorce, loss of child custody, and social isolation. In addition, the drug itself can have a number of serious negative effects on a person’s body. People who abuse heroin are more likely to have organ damage, experience cognitive impairment, and to be at a higher risk for contracting a sexually transmitted infection such as HIV through risky sexual behaviors or the use of shared needles. In addition to all of these dangers, a person struggling with heroin use disorder is also at risk of a possibly fatal overdose every time he or she uses the drug. Fortunately, many of these negative consequences can be minimized or avoided with prompt and effective treatment at a comprehensive substance abuse rehab center.
Types of Treatment
Types of heroin addiction treatment offered at Azure Acres Treatment Center in Santa Rosa, CA
One of the most highly respected heroin rehab and addiction treatment centers in Sonoma County, Azure Acres is a pioneering provider of treatment for men and women who wish to defeat addictions to substances and the symptoms of co-occurring mental illnesses. For well over 60 years, this San Francisco Bay-area center has been supplying the life-changing care that has helped transform the lives of more than 20,000 individuals who were once trapped in the insidious cycle of substance abuse. Based on the 12-Step philosophy and offering truly comprehensive and individualized care, Azure Acres is where addictions stop and recovery starts.
In choosing this leading heroin abuse rehabilitation center as the place to embark on the journey towards a recovered and sober life, residents receive the attention, interventions, and support they need to reach their treatment goals. Caring and dedicated staff members are there for residents each step of the way and lend a helping hand or an ear to listen whenever residents need it. The following types of treatment are those featured at Azure Acres and can be included into a resident’s personalized treatment plan:
Detox services: Residents who come to our center physically dependent on a substance, such as heroin, may require detox services at the start of their care. When this is the case, we assist the men and women who come to Azure Acres by providing them with the treatment they need to make this process as comfortable as possible. If they are able to during detox, or once residents have finished detox services, they are welcome to participate in the programming offered at our residential rehab.
Individual therapy: As a means of providing our residents with the attention they deserve, individual therapy sessions are incorporated into each resident’s personalized treatment plan. At least one time each week, residents can meet with their assigned case manager to discuss their goals for recovering from an addiction to heroin, process their experiences in treatment, and work through any emotions that they are having. Additionally, residents are able to meet with case managers for individual support on a daily basis if they require it.
Family Program: At Azure Acres, we believe family involvement is crucial when a person is working towards recovering from heroin, and we are proud to offer an invaluable family program. This program is offered 2 consecutive Saturdays each month and features education opportunities that inform loved ones about addiction and chemical dependency, the recovery process, and recovering from codependency. Process groups are also available so that family members and friends can share their stories, process their feelings, and speak in a healthy but candid manner about their experiences with their loved one.
Group therapy: Relapse prevention groups, psychoeducation groups, and 12-Step groups are among the types of group therapy opportunities offered at Azure Acres. We believe that residents are able to benefit from the support of others who have endured similar challenges with regards to battling addictions to drugs such as heroin, and we are pleased to provide forums in which they can offer and receive that support. Residents at Azure Acres Treatment Center participate in groups three times per day and learn about the following topics while in our care:
- Continuing care planning
Experiential therapy: In order to help residents heal their minds, bodies, and spirits, programming at Azure Acres includes weekly experiential therapy opportunities. These methods of care help our residents both express themselves and experience healing on a deeper level. The experiential therapies we provide, listed below, can help residents break free from the vicious cycle of heroin abuse:
- Role playing
- Expressive arts
*Massages offered for an additional fee.
When a man or woman chooses to heal at Azure Acres Treatment Center, he or she will receive an individualized treatment plan that details the specific interventions that will help him or her achieve his or her recovery goals. The above methods of care are part of the world-class programming available at our center, and are those that can be part of each resident’s treatment experience.
Upon completion of our residential treatment, residents are welcome to participate in our partial hospitalization programming (PHP) and then step down to our intensive outpatient program. Furthermore, those who receive treatment at our rehab center are able to benefit from our Alumni Services, which provide ongoing support to those who are graduates of Azure Acres.
At Azure Acres, we are pleased to offer a full continuum of care so that men and women looking to recover from an addiction to heroin can achieve the sober lives they deserve to be living. If you or someone you care about would like to learn more about our services, feel free to give us a call. We can help you or your loved one leave an addiction to heroin in the past once and for all.